Monday, February 13, 2012

47 Days

47 days.
Thats how many days there are until I come face to face with Zumba superstar Tanya Beardsley. What have I done! Me? A suddenly one year older me? Believe me the spirit is willing, but I'm a little nervous. I just celebrated breaking through a plateau, a birthday, and a supremely stressful Monday with a great, as usual, Zumba class.  I'm trying to get the hang of pumping it hard, smiling, looking around the room, and keeping myself completely upright.  At the same time I'm reminding myself that I have to get home and be informative and inspirational if I want people to start listening to what I have to say.
47 days.
Only two days short of seven weeks.  I'm thinking that I can completely transform my body before I meet someone who is actually an avatar on a video game.  And dance around for hours with people years younger than me. And jump around for hours with people who weigh many pounds less than me.
I'm thinking I'm out of my mind.  Then I realize complete transformation only has little to do with my body.  Just like my age. Well, that might have an effect on my body. But its mostly my mind that will help me get through the next 47 days.  How I choose to eat, how I choose to workout.  Its all about  the choices I'm making day to day.
47 days.
Zumba: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  Elliptical for cardio: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday after Weight Watchers, and Sunday afternoon.  Sounds like a plan.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment