Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let's Go Then

So here's the thing.  I've been following blogs for several years, gaining inspiration to get my fitness game on.  I've never been really successful.  Like lots of people, I've gone up and down in weight.  I've never made a real change. Which brings us to today.  As of today, February 11, 2012, I've lost exactly 61 pounds. I'm excited. I'm sensing real change in the air. There's some real change in my pants, too.  I've got to go shopping. Seriously, I'm starting today because I'm setting some new goals and I'd like to share them.   I forgot to say one more thing. In eight weeks I'm going to become a Zumba instructor. Really. Me.  I know its hard to believe but its coming fast so its a good thing that the plateau I've been on for more than a month is finally over. Oh, and one more thing for right now. My birthday is tomorrow.  I'm not sure I feel brave enough to share my age yet.  Once we get to know each other better, I think I'll let you in a little bit more.

The title of the post today comes from my friend and supremely excellent, fabulous, amazing, and inspirational Zumba instructor Jacquie B. I was looking on the Zumba website for a class nearby.
I emailed a couple of instructors and Jacquie was the first to get back to me.  I told her how much weight I had to lose, and about my lack of success.  She told me to try out her class and see if I liked it. I did. She said she would help me. She did and continues to. How she ended her email resonates in me every day:

Let's go then.

No comments:

Post a Comment