Monday, February 20, 2012

A New Day

I had every intention of posting here on Saturday after Weight Watchers.  Writing about my success was the last thing on my mind.  You would think that I gained ten pounds, but I went up .4.  I realize that's not much, but I really thought that I had broken through the last several months pattern of losing.  I honestly thought I was spot on for the week.  Apparently not.  Its time to do something new.  A little. Maybe. I have a plan.
Fast forward.  I know I've been around the diet "thing" long enough to hear all the phrases in my head, but this one got me going: "If you do what you always done, you'll get what you've always gotten". So, I'm so clever, what do I do now?
Well, I'm not one to sit by, well not now anyway. A friend of mine from my Zumba class had some amazing results by following the 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mark Moreno.  She said it was just like the way I have been eating with a few little tweaks.  Well, tweak away I always say. Sorry. I'm feeling better.
So I went food shopping so I'd be prepared. Egg whites, spinach, fat-free feta, tomatoes, fish and chicken.  All the usual suspects.  I added in some new friends: probiotic kefir, frozen fruit, and green tea. Food: check.  Workouts: new plan.  I still have Zumba Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights. I made an appointment at the gym with a trainer, and voila! I did a boot camp style workout with Nick this morning.  We'll be meeting once a week for the next six weeks.  Oh well, so much for my raise at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment